This article is a composite write-up based on a number of presentations and interviews undertaken in September 2014 in Whitehorse, Yukon Territory, Canada.??It??intended as a broad-ranging, general interest exploration of a set of ideas, puzzles and practicalities, covering: ???
- Recent economic trends?? ???
- How poverty gets thought about, recorded and measured; ??the realities in some people???s lives
- Policy and social approaches??that affect levels of??poverty
- How poverty links to the development of children and families
- How these influence life chances
- What things might reduce the numbers of??people growing up in poverty
A full write-up of the inputs can be read here:?? Poverty and some of its impacts